Submitted by Crystal on Mon, 2019-06-03 14:50
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, you never want to bring home any unwanted visitors. There are a few simple things you can do while traveling to reduce your risk of bringing bed bugs back with you.
- Keep your luggage in the bathroom (tub, under sink) and only take out what you need. Never put luggage on the bed!
- Check the luggage rack for evidence of bugs, eggs. This can be a safe place for luggage.
- Put worn clothing into plastic bags.
- Immediately launder when get home on hottest wash and dry settings as possible. This will kill any bugs and eggs that may have hitchhiked onto your items.
- Inspect your suitcase and keep it separate from the rest of your house by storing it in a garage or attic.
How do I inspect my room?
- We never recommend moving furniture. This can be a safety and property liability.
- Check (if present) the bed skirt, head board, mattress seams and box spring for bugs, eggs, fecal spotting with a bright flashlight. Check nightstands and dresser drawers for the same things.
- Sheets are changed and laundered often in hospitality so they are unlikely to be a hiding spot for bugs.