|EPA's National Bed Bug summit was held on April 14 and 15 in Arlington, Virgina. This summit was held to address the major concerns of a growing bed bug problem.|
Bed Bug Central is proud to say that Richard Cooper (pictured at left) was one of the invited speakers to participate in the formal webinar portion of the bed bug summit. You can see Richard's presentation along with all of the other presentations by clicking on the link for the webinar.
Below is a list of public documents from the summit.
- Final Agenda (PDF) (3 pp, 32K)
- Public Docket Available - EPA has established a public docket for this Summit under docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0190. Attendance sign-in sheets and public comments received during the Summit are available in the public docket, as well as any public comments submitted directly to the docket.
- Bed Bug Summit Webinar - EPA provided remote access via webinar to the Tuesday (4/14/09) morning segment of the National Bed Bug Summit. Tuesday morning featured opening remarks and presentations from distinguished guests. The 4 ½ hour webinar was viewed by 138 people.
- Summary of Workgroup Results (PDF) (71 pp, 919K) - During the afternoon of Tuesday, April 14th, Summit attendees were divided into ten workgroups. EPA assigned attendees to workgroups according to their affiliation in order to ensure that each group had a mix of professionals from those attending the Summit (pest control companies; universities; public health organizations; federal, state, and local government agencies; and others). All ten workgroups developed recommendations on major bed bug issues, and those recommendations are provided here.
- Summary of Recommendations Developed at the Summit (PDF) (7 pp, 141K) - EPA is providing here a summary of the recommendations developed by the participants of the National Bed Bug Summit. In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act and Agency procedures, these recommendations will be presented to the full Pesticide Program Dialog Committee (PPDC) at its meeting on April 22, 2009. The PPDC will discuss and deliberate this information and provide the Agency with its advice and recommendations.