Terminix recently released its 2012 ranking, which shows the top 15 bedbug infested cities across the U.S. The City of Brotherly love took the number one spot from New York City, which has held this title for two years. The list was compiled from data collected from 300 Terminix branches across the country. These rankings show that bedbugs continue to be a problem across the country, with that being said Terminix offers the following tips for travelers this summer to slow the spread of bedbugs:
- Check hotel headboards, mattresses and box springs for bedbugs and dark blood spots.
- Hang all clothing. Leave nothing lying on the bed or furniture.
- Avoid storing your clothing in the hotel's furniture drawers.
- Store suitcases on a luggage rack as far from the bed as possible.
- Vacuum suitcases when returning home, and immediately wash clothing in hot water.
- Between trips, store luggage in a sealed plastic bag in a garage or basement, away from bedrooms.
- If you suspect your hotel has bedbugs, ask for a change of rooms.
- Bedbugs should only be treated by a trained pest control professional.
To see the full list of top 15 cities as ranked by Terminix or to read the whole article please click here - press release